PRE-SALE: SHIPPING MID-DECEMBER
Cora Balls collect the microfibres from your clothes which in turn helps protect our precious marine life, our soils and the human food chain
1 x Cora Ball - Light Blue
Plastic-Free Packaging and Shipping!
"The Cora Ball is awesome. I am so impressed with product. I clean it out every 4 weeks or so and there is plenty of little mirco fibres to remove. I love it so much I have started purchasing more to give as Christmas presents." - Kirsty R.
Why You Will Love the Cora Balls!
- Capture Microplastics - Did you know that during the wash, the synthetic fabrics in our clothes shed microfibres. These head out to the ocean as Plastic Pollution as Microplastics!
- Reduce Ocean Pollution - if you want to learn more check out the full blog post here.
- Cora Balls are blue for our oceans, working endlessly like coral to filter out water. Every-time you pop your Cora Ball in the wash you will be reminded that we need to take better care of our oceans and that this small action has huge effects for our precious marine life and our own health.
The Specifics of the Stainless Cora Balls:
- No lifetime - have your Cora Ball forever
- Simply add your Cora Ball into your washing machine!
- Cora Balls collect mircofibre fuzz which is made during washing
- The microfibre fuzz can then be disposed of appropriately (best option for now is into the trash like dryer fluff)
- Approximately one third of microfibres per load, are caught per Cora Ball
- Made of 100% recycled and 100% recyclable soft and stretchy plastic - physical and chemical properties will be maintained in the washing machine temperature extremes
CaliWoods is passionate about reducing plastic in our environment, and with synthetic materials being in over half the fabrics we use, Cora Balls are an effective way to reduce the impact of micro-plastics in our Waterways.
There are many more things you can do the ocean and waterways!
- Try to reduce synthetic materials in your home, and opt for natural materials first, for example:
- Linen (from Flax), silk (silk worms), cotton (traditionally is very pesticide and water heavy so try to support organic farming), wool, jute, hemp, sisal, ramie, mohair, kenaf, cashmere.
- See the Blog Post for full details and suggestions that cover how you can help and what to do with the synthetic fabrics you already own.
Do you have questions? Check out the Cora Ball FAQ'S here
CaliWoods Is On A Mission:
We are a NZ-owned, Woman-led certified Social Enterprise. This means that we are for-profit, but the main thing we wake up for in the morning is our purpose; to reduce waste and stand up for Mama Earth. We are certified by Ākina.
- Your purchase goes towards reducing waste, sustainable events and/or sustainability education in Aotearoa
- We are a Living Wage Employer
- Everything is shipped to you plastic-free
- We help you live with less waste. Our Instagram and Facebook posts focus on sustainability news and inspiring you to make positive change
Single-use plastic is a massive culprit for the pollution of our oceans, emissions and the health of Papatūānuku, Mother Earth. CaliWoods is passionate about providing you with reusable, high quality and long lasting alternatives. If you haven't already checked them out, see our Shop Eco range for a more sustainable home, bathroom and kitchen.
- Shipping cost, materials, carbon offset and estimated delivery times can be found HERE
- PLEASE NOTE that as this product is on PRE-SALE, all items in your order will be shipped together. If you require split-shipment, please get in touch to pay additional shipping.
A great product that does collect all those annoying loose threads and hairs off clothing while they wash. It would be good if you could easily pull it apart to clear it out.
The Cora Ball is awesome
I am so impressed with product. I clean it out every 4 weeks or so and there is plenty of little mirco fibres to remove. I love it so much I have started purchasing more to give as Christmas presents
Funny shape I'm not sure it's working as after like ten washes have not found anything attached
Our Cora ball came super quick and was beautifully wrapped in 100% recyclable paper & cardboard. Very happy with our purchase :)
Happy oceans! Thanks for being an ocean guardian! :)