Long-Handled Silver Razor
***PRE-SALE: Shipping early September***
Shaving is luxurious with the Long-Handled Silver Razor. Take your low-waste bathroom routine to the next level with this plastic-free alternative. Also available in Copper and Slate.
1 x Long-Handled Silver Razor
5 x Stainless Steel Blades
1 x Blade Return Envelope
Why you will Love the Cali Long-Handled Silver Razor!
- PLASTIC FREE. No more disposable plastic shavers filling our landfills and oceans - just replace the blades.
- UNISEX. Great for everyone. Face, legs, underarms, bikini - this razor can shave everywhere.
- BLADE REFILL PACKS available at a super affordable price. You can order these on auto-ship where you choose the delivery period based on hair type and shaving frequency.
- LONG HANDLE makes shaving a breeze, with more area for you to grip onto.
- SIMPLICITY. Our Razors are a simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates - super durable with less parts that can break compared to a butterfly razor.
- BLADE TAKE BACK. We take back your blades. See info below
TOP TIP: Use gentle pressure - let the weight of the stainless steel do the work for you! Click here for our full blog post with very detailed how-to instructions so you can shave with confidence!
The CaliWoods Blade Take Back Program:
We take Sustainability seriously. In this world, it's impossible to be perfect when the whole system seems to be against our best intentions. BUT...something as small as changing your razor can save hundreds of pieces of plastic every year.
Better yet, if you send your used blades back to us clean and dry, we will repurpose or recycle them! Once you have 40 or more blades, simply post them back to us. We accept them even if they are from another brand. Considering the end-of-life of a product and closing the waste loop is part of our product stewardship - getting the good stuff going here in NZ.
If you are looking for a collection point near you or our Return address you will find that information HERE.
- USE - Use, love and shave sustainably until the blades are no longer sharp enough for the job
- DRY - Clean the blade and dry thoroughly
- POST - The Blades back to us! Once you have 40 or more, seal the supplied envelope and wrap it into another (so the postman/postwoman hands are safe) then post your blades back to CaliWoods
- REPURPOSE - This bit is our job. Most councils and recycling centres don't accept single blades because of their small size and sharp edges. Using people power and the magic of squirrelling these blades away over time, we have a few ideas for using the material and/or there will be enough to feasibly recycle
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blades between the two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt. On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
5. Rinse the Razor after thoroughly after each use. Clean away soap and hair then let dry outside of the shower.
6. Storage Tips: store your Razor safely out of the shower between uses and take care not to drop your Razor. We have very detailed instructions set out HERE in the blog and you can watch the video above to see how the Safety Razor is constructed.
The Specifics of the Long-Handled Silver Razor:
- Razor is made from zinc alloy head and brass handle
- Dimensions - 10.8cmx4.4cm
- Secure screw in blade with holding plates for durability and safety. The blade is held tightly between two plates and you can shave with both sides.
- Stainless steel replacement blades and blade returns envelope included
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use the Razor for underarms and bikini area?
Yes! Safe for the bikini areas of all genders. See our 'How To Low-Waste Shave' Blog HERE for more details.
The key of these areas is to use gentle pressure and pair your shaving with soap. Go slow here with short strokes. Holding the skin taut with your free hand will help. Starting with a larger area of your body first will give you the confidence to move into the Bikini area in no time.
I'm nervous about using one. How do they work?
The Cali Safety Razor works just a plastic one - but better! You only replace the blades and everyone that has made the switch is really happy with it. You can check out the real customer reviews at the bottom of this page.
If you want full step-by-step instructions for sure check out the blog post and watch the video. This way you'll be ready to shave when your stunning Cali Safety Razor arrives.
How safe are they? Will it cut me?
A Safety Razors will not cut you if you use proper technique.
Please note that you will not need to push the razor onto the skin like you do with a plastic one, simply let the weight of the Razor do the job with a light drag along the skin.
How do I replace the blade?
You unscrew the head of the razor from the handle, place a blade between the two top plates, holding by the blunt edges (the short edge, the blade is on the long-edge). Screw the handle back on and shave away!
How often do I replace the blade?
This is very hair type dependant! On average this is 5 to 15 shaves.
For example, thick facial hair you will switch out the blade every 5 or so shaves. For fine leg hair or underarms one blade can last 15+ shaves. At only 43cents per blade, you will really notice the difference in cost and no more chucking cartridges in the bin - win!
Pro tip: If you don't shave often, remove the blade from the holding plates and dry between uses. This way your blade will last even longer. Remember not to keep your Razor in the shower.
Is it as good as a plastic razor?
Better! A Cali Safety Razor has a very close, smooth shave. Customers often comment on how smooth they are feeling (you can see these in the reviews below).
Are the Safety Razors good for all genders?
Yes! They are great for everyone.
How do I travel safely with my razor?
You can get yourself a Cali Linen Razor Bag to protect the blade and your safety.
Will my Safety Razor rust?
The Holding Plates and Handle of the Razor will not rust. The blades may rust after a time given they are often stored wet.
When this happens simply give any rust a generous rub with a towel/emery cloth or replace the blade. If you dry your blade each time (recommended for the infrequent shavers out there) then this won't happen.
Why should I make the switch?
Say hello to awesome, low waste shaves and goodbye to all those plastic razors and refill heads. Not only will you be reducing your waste but the using a CaliWoods Safety Razor will save you money too - all you need to replace is the blade!
Can I use regular soap?
Yes, there will be enough suds to make it work well. For the face some people might prefer a thicker shaving cream or keep an eye out for the Cali Shaving Soap Block which will be low waste.
We recommend that you rinse the razor well after each use to remove all the soap residue.
How many blades does each razor come with?
You get 5 blades with each Razor just to get you started. We recommend buying a Razor Blade Refill Pack at the same time your order your Razor. These means you won't run out of razor blades quickly, you maximise on shipping as well as reduce shipping packaging and courier carbon miles.
Are there any tips and tricks so I master these low waste shaves faster?
Don't push with the shaver like you do with plastic ones. The weight of the Razor means a gentle drag will give you a close shave. Getting used to the angle at which you hold the razor is key. Read up on the detailed instructions before you shave and watch the video. After a couple of shaves you will get the hang of it!
- Shipping cost, materials, carbon offset and estimated delivery times can be found HERE
- *Please note that this is a pre-sale and your entire order will be sent in mid-September. Sorry, we cannot send as two different shipments. If you need other goods urgently then please make two orders. Thanks for understanding.
CaliWoods Is On A Mission:
We are a NZ-owned, Woman-led certified Social Enterprise. This means that we are for-profit, but the main thing we wake up for in the morning is our purpose; to reduce waste and stand up for Mama Earth. We are certified by Ākina.
- Your purchase goes towards reducing waste, sustainable events and/or sustainability education in Aotearoa
- We are a Living Wage Employer
- Everything is shipped to you plastic-free
- We help you live with less waste. Our Instagram and Facebook posts focus on sustainability news and inspiring you to make positive change
Single-use plastic is a massive culprit for the pollution of our oceans, emissions and the health of Papatūānuku, Mother Earth. CaliWoods is passionate about providing you with reusable, high quality and long lasting alternatives. If you haven't already checked them out, see our Shop Eco range for a more sustainable home, bathroom and kitchen.