Stainless Safety Razor
The CaliWoods Classic Stainless Razor makes for eco, easy and luxurious low waste shaving. The Safety Razor is completely plastic-free and is great for everyone.
1 x Stainless Safety Razor
(Also available in Eco Luxe Copper)
5 x Stainless Steel Blades
1 x Blade Return Envelope
Which Kits Have The Stainless Safety Razor Included?
Why you will Love the Cali Stainless Razor!
- PLASTIC FREE. No more disposable plastic shavers in our landfills and oceans - just replace the blades.
- UNISEX! Great for everyone. Face, legs, underarms, bikini - this Safety Razor can shave everywhere.
- REFILL BLADE PACKS available at a super affordable price.
- SIMPLICITY. Our Razors are a simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates - super durable with less parts that can break compared to a butterfly razor.
- BLADE TAKE BACK. We take back your blades. See info below
- REPLACEMENT PARTS. We offer Cali Razor Replacement Parts. We are serious about creating products that last for ages and giving customers the right to repair. If anything should ever happen to your Razor, or you lose a part, we have the separate pieces available via email order.
TOP TIP: Use gentle pressure - let the weight of the stainless steel do the work for you! Click here for our full blog post with very detailed how-to instructions so you can shave with confidence!
The Cali Blade Take Back Program:
We take Sustainability seriously. In this world, it's impossible to be perfect when the whole system seems to be against our best intentions. BUT...something as small as changing your razor can save hundreds of pieces of plastic every year.
If you send your used blades back to us clean and dry, we will repurpose or recycle them! Once you have 40 or more blades, simply post them back to us. We accept them even if they are from another brand. Considering the end-of-life of a product and closing the waste loop is part of our product stewardship - getting the good stuff going here in NZ.
If you are looking for a collection point near you or our Return address you will find that information HERE.
- USE - Use, love and shave sustainably until the blades are no longer sharp enough for the job
- DRY - Clean the blade and dry thoroughly
- POST - back to us! Once you have 40 or more, seal the supplied envelope and wrap it into another (so the postman/postwoman hands are safe) then post your blades back to CaliWoods
- REPURPOSE - This bit is our job. Most councils and recycling centres don't accept single blades because of their small size and sharp edges. Using people power and the magic of squirrelling these blades away over time, we have a few ideas for using the material and/or there will be enough to feasibly recycle
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blade between the two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt. On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
5. Rinse the Razor thoroughly after each use. Clean away soap and hair then let dry out of the shower.
Store your Razor out of the shower between uses and take care not to drop your Razor. We have detailed instructions set out HERE in the blog and you can watch the video to see how the Safety Razor is constructed.
The Specifics of the Stainless Safety Razor:
- Stainless Razor is made from Stainless Steel Type 304 20% and Zinc Alloy 80%.
- Dimensions - 9.4cm Handle, 4.4cm Blade Holding Plate
- Secure screw in blade with 2 top holding plates for durability and safety. Blade is held tightly between these two plates and you can shave with both sides.
- Stainless steel replacement blades and blade returns envelope included
CaliWoods Is On A Mission:
We are an NZ-owned, Woman-led certified Social Enterprise. This means that we are for-profit, but the main thing we wake up for in the morning is our purpose; to reduce waste and stand up for Mama Earth. We are certified by Ākina.
- Your purchase goes towards reducing waste, sustainable events, and/or sustainability education in Aotearoa
- We are a Living Wage Employer
- Everything is shipped to you plastic-free
- We help you live with less waste. Our Instagram and Facebook posts focus on sustainability news and inspiring you to make positive change
Single-use plastic is a massive culprit for the pollution of our oceans, emissions, and the health of Papatūānuku, Mother Earth. CaliWoods is passionate about providing you with reusable, high quality, and long-lasting alternatives. If you haven't already checked them out, see our Shop Eco range for a more sustainable home, bathroom and kitchen.
I couldn't believe how good this was, I managed to create an old-fashioned shaving kit and have had the best and closest shaves so far because of the safety razor. Worth every cent compared to my old disposable razor that has since been retired.
I suffer from super bad shave rash from typical razors making shaving a dread but this is low irritating and makes shaving hassle free! 1000% recommend! Super cheap and sustainable!
After the initial worry of cutting myself, I found the razor very easy and safe to use. It gives a close, smooth shave and I’m very happy with the purchase.
Like what the razor does but definitely should have bought the longer handle version as I am always dropping it and it is very heavy so watch for dropping into basins etc. feels good not to be buying packets of plastics!
Great Close Shave
I always get a super close shave with this razor and I love how it comes with a pack of blades to get started. The blades stay sharp for a while and it’s been great quality so far.