Perfect snack, energy pick me up for you and your family!
Snacks, the word we love BUT that often come with an excess and unnecessary packaging and plastic. Lucky they are super easy, healthy and affordable to make yourself!
Why we LOVE bliss balls!PACKAGE FREE
Bliss Ball ingredients can be found at your local bulk food store. Check out our Bulk Food Shopping Guide here. A simple yet delicious recipe. Get creative and mix up the ingredients you already have at home.
EASY AND DELICIOUS
Bliss Balls are so easy to make and very versatile for that backup handbag snack, for a protein hit in the kids lunch boxes, and to satisfy you as an after dinner treat.
This recipe is sure to give you a nutritious punch - packed with healthy fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and fibre! Hello glowing skin, happy mood, alert brain, healthy heart, reduced sugar cravings, balanced blood sugars, and happy hormones. We have also made sure it's free from common inflammatory foods like gluten, dairy, and refined sugars.
GF, V, RSF*
1/2 Cup of Nuts and Seeds* - e.g. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds
TIP! Dry out the pulp from making your Nut Mylk and replace with 1 cup of nut “flour”
1/2 Cup Coconut Desiccated
1 Cup Dates (can also use raisins, apricots, or any dried fruit of choice)
3-5 Tbs Cacao - Hello Superfood!*
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Coconut Oil (melted)
2 Tbs Desiccated coconut for garnish
- Chocolate Peanut Butter - Add in 3 Tbs Peanut Butter
- Nutella Bliss Balls - Use Hazelnuts for choice of nuts
- After Dinner Mint Balls - Add a drop of some mint essence for a unique after-dinner treat.
- Soak dates, cover with boiling water. After 2 minutes drain water off and set dates aside.
- Add all ingredients into blender/food processor except the garnishing coconut and water. Blend until all ingredients are combined, add water as needed if mixture is dry. Mixture should have formed clumps and be sticky enough to roll into balls. Add more coconut if mixture is too wet.
- Roll mixture into small balls, roll in desiccated coconut and store in airtight container for up to 4 days, or pop in freezer to make them last longer!
- Wrap in Beeswax wraps for your bag or lunchbox!
Nutritional Tips from Jade
- *Refined Sugar Free - Refined sugars spike blood sugar levels, thus helping energy, skin, gut, mood, and liver detoxification.
- *Activate Nuts to increase nutrient absorption of seeds, grains, nuts, soaking is recommended. This removes the Phytic Acid, what is called an anti-nutrient. This is designed to protect the nut or grain in nature. This process ensures our bodies can absorb the nutrients or 'goodies' the food has to offer.
- *Filtered Water makes better mylk and a good filter is worth the health investment if you are on town supply. Chlorine and fluoride in town supply interferes with the bodies iodine pathways and negatively impacts good bacteria in the body. Filters can remove chlorine, mineralise water, and more. Examples we suggest; Alka Jug from Ionza and Water Co. Check out your local stores for on the bench options and tap filters. Don't be afraid to ask the store questions to find the best filter for you!
- *Cacao is a great superfood! Not only does it satisfy those chocolate cravings, cacao is a powerhouse of antioxidants and minerals, especially magnesium and iron. Great for energy, mood, stress, heart health and more! Difference to Cocoa? Cacao is less refined, richer and more nutritious as it is raw.
- Tags: Recipes