In today's world, reusable water bottles have become a daily essential. Besides helping to reduce single-use plastic waste, having your Dawny Bottle at your side reduces your exposure to chemicals/microplastics from plastics and keeps you hydrated throughout the day. In this blog post, we will explore some top tips, a proper washing routine, as well as the different size and lid options.
Top Tips For Your Insulated Stainless Water Bottle:
1. Keeping it cool - did you know that your Dawny Bottle keeps liquids cool for 24 hours? If you want it extra cold, fill it with ice water first and let the double walled insulation cool down for a few minutes. You can then fill it with your beverage for the day and it will stay colder for longer.
2. Keeping it hot - your Dawny Water Bottle will stay hot for 12 hours, hello hot tea in winter! Like with the cold but in reverse, fill it with boiling water first and get the stainless steel insulation up to temperature.
3. Regular cleaning: To ensure hygiene and remove any lingering odours, it is crucial to clean your Dawny water bottle regularly. Use hot soapy water and the specialised natural fibre Bottle Brush to clean the main body of your bottle, then use the smaller cleaner brush to reach all corners, crevices and the nooks of your lid and straw.
4. Deep cleaning: Periodically, perform a deeper clean by using a mixture of warm water and baking soda or vinegar. Let the solution sit in the bottle for a few hours, then scrub with your Bottle Brush and rinse thoroughly. This helps eliminate any stubborn stains and bacteria buildup.
5. Sun exposure: take your bottle to the beach and leave it in a hot car with no troubles. The sun won’t affect your drink and there will be no nasties leaching into your water.
6. Avoid harsh chemicals: While cleaning, avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach, as they can leave residue or affect the taste of water. Stick to natural cleaning agents like baking soda, vinegar, or mild dish soap.
7. Dishwashers - make sure you don’t put the body of your Dawny Bottle in the dishwasher. Anything double walled insulated can be compromised. Top shelf wash your lid or handwash.
Nice work on having the Dawny Bottle in your life. There are so many benefits of being constantly hydrated with a bottle that isn’t plastic! Refill your bottle everyday, over and over. Take care of your bottle and it will last years to come.
Other great on-the-go products:
- Stainless Lunchboxes, perfect for meals on the move
- Reusable Paper Bags, for snacks on adventures
- Grocery Tote, six internal compartments and three external pockets to store everything you need